Monday, July 16, 2007

wondering

Every morning for as long as I can remember, I have heard the Frey's "How to Save a Life" on the radio on my way to work. At first I thought this an amusing but insignificant indicator of how a juggernaut tv show like Grey's Anatomy can combine with a catchy tune to create an annoyingly constant radio presence. But months went by and I continued to hear it--sometimes just the end, sometimes just the beginning, always on a different station, every single day. The song no longer rules the charts but it rules my radio every morning (sometimes I hear it twice!) and now I'm beginning to wonder if I'm stuck in some freakish rendition of "Groundhog Day" or if some powerful omniscient being out there is trying to tell me something or if maybe, just maybe, I should invest in HD radio or at least a couple of new CDs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't bother investing in the HD Radio farce - consumers have voted NO with their wallets:

http://hdradiofarce.blogspot.com/